If you’re looking for more refined dishes for your holiday meal, our Truffle Whipped Potatoes are sure to impress! Yukon gold potatoes make them light and fluffy, but the real star is the truffle oil. Truffles have a very strong flavor and aroma, so a little goes a long way to give these potatoes a rich, earthy flavor. They are otherwise very simply seasoned with salt and thyme. We’ve also kept them skinny by using Greek yogurt and skim milk rather than butter and cream.
These whipped potatoes will be a perfect accompaniment to your elegant holiday menu. They’re rich in flavor, but not in calories or fat, so you can enjoy them guilt-free!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 83 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 156mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints: 3
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons black truffle oil
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Wash potatoes, leave skins on, and place in large soup pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are soft. Drain and transfer to mixing bowl.
- In large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients to potatoes. On medium high speed, whip until fluffy. If potatoes are too dry, add more skim milk 1 tablespoon at a time. Serve and enjoy!
Are you planning a refined holiday menu to impress? What dishes are you serving? We’d love to hear from you in the comments!
Powered by WPeMatico