Coleslaw tastes great with just about anything. Who can resist its crunchy, semi-sweet character and creamy consistency? And speaking of irresistible, our fall inspired version will have dinner guests returning for seconds! We’ve put a seasonal spin on coleslaw by adding tasty apples and deliciously tart cranberries. Simply slice juicy gala apples into matchsticks and add other unique ingredients, like slivered almonds and chewy cran-raisins. Our guilt-free coleslaw recipe gets its creamy kick from clean mayonnaise and Greek yogurt. These healthy alternatives to full-fat mayonnaise shave off a chunk of calories when compared to conventional recipes.
Meanwhile, superfoods like apple cider vinegar and honey lend a tangy-sweet kick, while carrying a bunch of health benefits your body will thank you for. And lastly, our Creamy Apple Cranberry Coleslaw boasts a stunning presentation, so we promise this looker will capture some well-deserved attention at the table. Treat yourself to a generous scoop of some healthy and delicious coleslaw this fall!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 233 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 76mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints: 9
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup clean mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small cabbage , shredded (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 large gala apples , sliced into matchsticks (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup dried cran-raisins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, and lemon juice and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat in the dressing. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes and toss before serving. Enjoy!
Powered by WPeMatico