Cheesy. Chicken. Chili. Dip. How amazing does that sound? We are happy to report that, in addition to tasting as good as it sounds, it’s also much healthier than it sounds! This easy recipe uses reduced fat cheeses and Greek yogurt to keep it delicious and creamy. But don’t worry, it skips the extra calories from things like condensed soups that are usually found in so many other dip recipes. You will be able to enjoy this Cheesy Chicken Chili Dip without any added guilt.
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 166 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 353mg | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 15g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese or fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded, and cooled
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil. Once hot, add onion, garlic, jalapeño, and poblano peppers. Cook until tender. Remove from heat and cool completely.
In a mixing bowl, whip together the Greek yogurt and Neufchatel cheese (or fat free cream cheese). On low, mix in the sautéed onion and pepper mixture and all remaining ingredients, excluding the fresh cilantro.
Lightly spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly spread mixture into dish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top.
Serve with tortilla chips or a favorite cracker!
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.
Powered by WPeMatico